Dentist in General Trias Cavite Oral Hygiene Tips for Orthodontic Patients
Taking good care of your teeth like brushing and flossing after every meal and snack is the only way to prevent plaque build up, tooth decay, and gum disease. Particularly during orthodontic treatment, your teeth will need extra care. Here in NewSmile Dental Clinic in General Trias Cavite, our goal is for you to have a beautiful healthy and attractive smile, with straight white teeth. To all our patient we always recommend that good hygiene is very important. Food and particles can be trapped in brackets and wires braces and this can make it difficult to keep your teeth clean. Visiting your dentist regularly is highly recommended to check your teeth and gums condition. Here are a few tips to keep your teeth clean and healthy:
- Brush after every meal and snack. Certain foods and drinks – especially those high in carbohydrates and sugars – spur the creation of certain bacteria in your mouth that attack your tooth enamel for at least twenty minutes after you eat a meal or have a snack. By brushing right after you eat, you will get rid of bacteria before they attack your tooth enamel.
- Floss daily to remove trapped food and particles. Benefits of using dental floss. Brushing cleans the surface of your teeth. You need to floss in order to clean out the gaps between your teeth, where bacteria often reside. If you don’t floss, you’re more likely to have plaque build-up, which can lead to cavities, tooth decay, and gum disease.
- Rinse with a mouth wash to kill any bacteria. Brushing and flossing alone, in the absence of rinsing with antiplaque agents, can in theory control plaque growth purely by mechanical removal action on the accumulated plaque. However in reality many patients do not achieve the desired professional goal of an adequate and consistent control of dental plaque. After more than 40 years of clinical research into the effects of antiplaque agents, there is now sufficient evidence supporting the use of adjunctive antibacterial mouth rinses, such as chlorhexidine and essential oil based mouth rinses, to significantly improve gingival health beyond what can be achieved with unsupervised use of mechanical cleaning means alone.
- Brush with a fluoride toothpaste and a soft bristled tooth brush. Commercially available toothpastes have many ingredients, each of which is added for a specific purpose. The addition of fluoride is intended to chemically strengthen the teeth, making them more resistant to the breakdown by acids, which leads to cavities.
- Clean teeth with a interdental toothbrush. Interdental brushes serve as an alternative to flossing; they can be used daily and can be more effective for interproximal plaque removal than floss as suggested by a number of studies. Interdental brushes, depending on their size and shape as well as the surfaces of the teeth, can prove to be effective tools for reducing interproximal plaque.
- Maintain regular check-ups with your general dentist. Once your examination and cleaning have been performed, they’ll tell you about the health of your teeth and gums and then make any additional recommendations. It’s important that you see your dentist every six months and that they give you routine examination and cleaning. Remember, by seeing your dentist on a regular basis and following daily good oral hygiene practices at home, you are more likely to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
Proper oral care isn’t just about making your teeth look pretty. It’s the key to avoiding common dental problems like gingivitis, tartar, and demineralization. Because thorough oral hygiene is more difficult with braces, braces wearers are more prone to these issues than non-braces wearers. These dental problems are unpleasant enough on their own, but if left untreated they can also turn into more serious oral health issues. Plus, they can prolong your time in braces. In severe cases of gum disease or other oral health problems, here in NewSmile dental clinic in General Trias Cavite, the orthodontist may even have to remove your braces, wait for your gums and mouth to heal, and then reapply them.
We know that caring for your teeth can be a challenge when you have braces. Unfortunately, this means that focusing on oral hygiene and understanding the dental issues you should watch out for is more important than ever before. Taking good care of your braces is essential for avoiding complications while they’re on and ending up with great-looking teeth once they’re off. No matter how much money, pain, and time you’ve already invested in your braces, proper oral care is still the key to walking away with a beautiful, healthy and always new smile.
For your Dental needs Call us now: 0929-718-8940 (Smart) , (046) 437-1651 (PLDT). NewSmile Dental Clinic. Your Healthy and Confident Smile Is What We Value, Let’s Keep It Fresh and New.
Looking for Dental Clinic in Manggahan General Trias Cavite? visit us today: NewSmile Dental Clinic – We are exactly located in… Unit G 2nd floor Hsinchu Bldg. C. M. Delos Reyes Avenue, Manggahan General Trias City. For more dental tips you can call our licensed dentist. Call us now. 0929-718-8940 (Smart) , (046) 437-1651 (PLDT) Or you can LIKE/CHAT US on Facebook:www.facebook.com/NewSmilePH
PS. Looking for For Orthodontist and Dental Brace in Manggahan General Trias City Cavite, you may contact our Licensed Dentist in NewSmile Dental Clinic.